Higher education is an investment in your future. However, college can be expensive. Additional years of schooling will increase your educational expenses and delay wages. The choices you make today about financing your college education can have a long-term impact. Seek help when it comes to financial aid and determining what are the best options for you in financing your college education.
Tips to Manage your Finances in College
- File the FAFSA by UCF’s priority deadline of March 1st every year.
- Borrow only what you need. Loans must be repaid.
- Apply for scholarships. Free money is good money.
- Consider the financial consequences of withdrawing from courses. You may have to repay some of your financial aid when you withdraw. You may also start to accumulate excess hours that can result in additional tuition expenses.
- Limit your expenses. Create a budget and stick to it.